Tuesday, August 25, 2020
- 2 pm: The Problem with Diversity and Inclusion, by Professor Chanda Prescod-Weinstein (University of New Hampshire).
Wednesday, August 26, 2020
- 12 pm: Panel -- Activitsm as a Junior Black Scientist featuring Ashley Walker, KeShawn Ivory, LaNell Williams, and Ayanna Jones.
Thursday, August 27, 2020
- 11 am: Racism and Capitalism, by Dr. Nia Imara (astrophysicist and artist).
- 2:30-4:30pm: Rest and Workflow for Marginalized Scientists, by Dra. Nicole Cabrera Salazar (Movement Consulting).
Friday, August 28, 2020
- 2:30 pm:Inclusive Classrooms during COVID-19, by Dr. Brent Barker (University of Chicago).
In depth discussions on the Petition to Support Black Astronomers at UChicago and an overview of IDEA activities for the year (Fri, 12pm) will take place as well.
To receive the Zoom room links for IDEA Week events, please read through our Meeting policy and register here.